• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. ohmylove2u

Any suggestion on this IBM 5295G?

I got this IBM 5295G by $70. The only documentation I could find was on this Japanese site. It’a on line terminal. It seems to be missing a graphics card. Any suggestions on how to make it work?
  2. ohmylove2u

Need help—IBM 5162 can't boot from the XT-CF card!

My IBM 5162 has a damaged hard drive. Every time, I had to use a floppy to boot it. I recently bought a MINI XT-CF card. However, my IBM 5162 can't boot from it. Using DOS 3.3, I fdisk the CF card and erase all partitions on my Compaq Prolinea 4/50 (which includes a CF-IDE adapter). The CF...
  3. ohmylove2u

Why is the graphics card on IBM 5162 reporting an error?

I got a graphics card. The seller claimed that it can work on 286. But when I install it on my IBM 5162. It just raised 1 long beep and 2 short beep error sound with nothing on the monitor. I can't find any documents about this card. Really grateful for any help.
  4. ohmylove2u

IBM 5162 Prototype ?

I recently purchased an unusual IBM 5162. It can start up normally. Nameplate indicates that it is a 5162. However, when opening it, I discovered that its motherboard was really peculiar. In contrast to others, my motherboard's chips—including the CPU—are all mounted to the PCB via sockets...
  5. ohmylove2u

How to re-paint IBM 5153 CRT display

My recent purchase is an IBM 5153 CRT display with 5162. It functions perfectly, however the plastic shell's paint has torn off. How can I paint it again?Which pigment kind should I use?
  6. ohmylove2u

Another Toshiba T1910CS

Just got it by $30. It was reconditioned by Toshiba's factory. Unfortunately, it can't boot on. I will re-cap this machine this weekend. (Limb regenerating:)
  7. ohmylove2u

EPSON PC-386 Note W boot problem

I just got an EPSON PC-386 Note W notebook. It displays an error message that says "Please set system disk" when I turn it on. The floppy appears to be experiencing a mechanical issue because the entry and departure of the floppy disk are not smooth. How can I access the BIOS to change the order...
  8. ohmylove2u

Does anyone know this IBM?

I can't found any docs 😞
  9. ohmylove2u

Compaq SLT386S/20 restoration post

I recently purchased a Compaq slt386s/20 for $80. It has a terrible LCD and no power cord. My carelessness has just resulted in LCD damage: ( The LCD's internal cable came loose from the glass: ( Does anyone know how to fix it, or can I get a comparable one in its place? I had to connect 18V...
  10. ohmylove2u

Who knows what the problem with this STN display is?

The polarizer of the LCD was replaced. But no matter how I change the polarizing film's angle, the color of the screen remains just a little bit red.
  11. ohmylove2u

Amazing MITAC 3020FDA laptop restoration

I got this amazing little rectangle box made by MITAC with 25MHZ 386 CPU. Due to the rare power plug, I haven't boot it up now.
  12. ohmylove2u

Does anyone know this NBCC 286 laptop?

It works well after caps been replaced. I can't find any information about this laptop.
  13. ohmylove2u

Compaq Prolinea 466 CF-Card problem

I have a vintage Compaq Prolinea 466 desktop with a hard disk(working fine). This desktop is my test platform :) I use it to create floppy disks, test hard drivers, and transfer files to CF cards ... I'm concerned that my hard disk will eventually fail as a result of repeated reboots. I choose...
  14. ohmylove2u

Toshiba T1200XE restoration post

Working on a Toshiba T1200XE at the moment. Naturally, it doesn't work. And I believe that restoring it will be a hard work! Because caps leak, the system power board and the sidelit power board had suffered serious corrosion. I removed all caps and cleaned the PCB. Now I'm just waiting for...
  15. ohmylove2u

Floppy drive repair

The Toshiba satellite T19XX laptop was produced in the early 90s of the last century, and I personally feel that it is a relatively excellent computer. However, without exception, the floppy disk drive doesn't working nowadays. The reason is the aging and fracture of the belt. 1.disassemble...
  16. ohmylove2u

Toshiba T19XX battery repair

A nickel-metal hydride battery with a 12V voltage and 2400mA is used, according to the battery labeling. Because nickel-metal hydride batteries are still available for purchase, the laptop's battery can be repaired. 1.Disassemble the battery 2.Assemble the battery box 3.Test On the...
  17. ohmylove2u

Toshiba T1800 LCD problem

I got a Toshiba T1800 laptop. The floppy drive had been repaired by replacing the belt. But the LCD still does not display well. Even lamp & contrast adjustment potentiometer had been replaced, the characters still can't see clearly,no matter how you adjust the contrast. The characters can...
Back