• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Commodore 3016 scrambled screen

>>> Yes, but i see the same with my other CBM3016 monitor.

I understand what you are stating. But, as of yet, I have not seen a valid VDRIVE signal oscilloscope trace to substantiate that statement...

Dave

Well, I can't see any evidence of problems on the signals displayed on your oscilloscope.

I would go with a VDRIVE signal timebase even slower than post #169 though. We are not trying to actually see the detail, but the overall 'pattern' and then trying to see whether it is changing and causing the anomalies on the monitor.

The monitor display jitter looks quite pronounced now, so it should be easy to locate the issue...

Dave

What you are telling me is that the chips work, not whether the input signal NEXT is correct or that the PCB tracks between the pins of the IC gates are intact.

Please use your oscilloscope on the pins of the ICs on the schematic and state whether a signal is HIGH, LOW or what the frequency is if it is oscillating.

Dave

If the V drive signal is twice the rate it should be, this would correspond to the V scan amplitude being half the height, because the peak scan current in the yoke is proportional to the time the V drive pulse is high. Interesting that it was intermittent though, being the correct frequency at times and not at others. Though TTL IC's can go intermittent, I have had a few.

Sometimes it is hard to see the time and amplitude scale on the photos/videos, so it is always better to state the the volts/cm and the time/cm settings for the recordings as it helps a lot for others to spot defects in the recordings.

Last edited:
Back