• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Letter to my US neighbours and relatives

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not Lebanese, but I do feel a spiritual connection to any oppressed people (Give Ireland back to daIrish!). If you'd like, I will move the thread, or even delete it.

--T

It's not the war, but Dubya's lame-ass excuse for his inaction that I can't take seriously. There is nothing funny at all about the senseless deaths of over 900 civillians. There's nothing funny about fast-movers bombing & strafing innocents in small villages in the name of 'self-defense'. Nothing funny about our country's 'leader' taking a position on the side of the aggressor, under the guise of 'world-wide struggle against terrorism'...

--T

Last edited:
VC Resolution

VC Resolution

After all that is said and done, all the bleeding and broken hearts,
why not we all put our irreconcilable differences aside and agree on
a common VC resolution for the most vintage problem of all times,
namely War:

1- War is hell
2- War is madness
3- War is wrong
4- Thou shall not war

Please feel free to complete and pass this resolution.

Uh, what does hot dogs has to do with world politics and warfare? Should we consider them to be biological/chemical weapons capable of DNA mutations?

My first Photoshop:

B52Originalcopy.jpg

Yes, I was thinking about something similar. Now the question is how you can protect yourself from hot dog attacks?

I just read about an Israeli woman who got caught in Hizbollah fire. She was hit in her chest, but fortunately had silicone implants that acted like a safety vest and stopped the bullet, an inch from the heart. She was taken to the hospital, where they took away the splinter and the damaged implant.

Last week I read about an overweight guy (in the UK, I think) who climbed a ladder. The ladder broke, and he was pierced several feet into his stomach. Fortunately, his beer belly took the hit, so he survived with no interior organs damaged.

It makes me wonder; apart from medical aspects, which is better of being vain (breast implants) or neglectful (beer belly)? Or maybe both? :p

I've always been a skinny kid, so I had to develop 'pre-emptive first-strike' capability (aka the 'sucker-punch'), hopefully stunning someone for just long enough to wield my true talent. When I was 17, I ran the mile in 4:32...in San Antonio...in August...in combat boots. And I was only the second-fastest in our Squadron!

--T

I can beat that...I made the (graduation qualification) 1.5 mile in 9:10 (I wazn't really pushing myself that day. Hell, we had a whole 15 minutes to qualify).

Funny part though: The only person I've ever met who could out-run me waz named 'Zewart', so the standard joke in basic training waz that since he and I were last in everything else, (I'm 'Y', he's 'Z') we had to over-achieve whenever possible. (Actually, Zewart was an inch shorter than me, but he out-weighed my 120 lbs. by about 10 - 15 (all leg muscles, AFAIC). He could easily out-run me by 10 sec. or more in the mile).

--T

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back