• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Quick Introduction

SkydivinGirl

Veteran Member
Hi everyone,

Just a quick introduction. Some of you may have seen me on LemonAmiga, Lemon64, Denial and AmiBay.

As with many of you here, I started playing video games in the 70's and using computers in the 80's. My family could never afford a computer so I had to buy my own Commodore 64 when I started high school. I went to a C128D a couple years later and used that until '91 when I graduated. I then moved to Amiga computers and then PCs a while after Commodore shut down.

I kept using emulators for many years then started collecting retro game consoles and computers a few years ago. I started collecting a few Apple systems but have since decided to concentrate on Commodore systems and plan on selling the small amount of Apple stuff I've got so far.

My main other hobbies are skydiving and riding motorcycles. I've been skydiving for 15 years and have around 2,400 jumps. I also take pictures and video while jumping. You can see some of my stills at www.skydivinphotos.com. I've been riding motorcycles for a few years now.

I hope to enjoy this forum as much as the others I frequent!

Thanks,

Heather

Welcome aboard to the forums Heather.

It's pretty cool that you can skydive. Must be fun to feel like you're flying. Although, if I tried it, I'd be too scared to jump out of the plane. :D

Thanks Ian! Jumping is certainly not for everyone, but it's actually a very safe sport. :)

Take care,

Heather

I don't know about that. I fly small planes and I've never had the urge to jump out of a perfectly good one. ; - 0

Welcome aboard ...

Nice kerosene consumption going on there, haha.

By the way, what do you do with the C128, play games, BASIC programming, or some CP/M?

Welcome Heather! I've always wanted to Sky Dive. I just can't seem to talk any of my friends in to going with me! They all seem to be sane.

I'm thinking you should combine your interests. Maybe into a Nixie tube altimeter!

I flew planes when I was younger and unlike Mike, did jump out of them occasionally for no good reason apart from the thrill of it. Only a few times though. Getting line twists on the final jump made me decide I wan't really the thrillseeker I thought I was.

Anyway, welcome to the forums Heather. How do you use these machines for modern-day fun? I tend to enjoy maintaining my collection, making sure they are all working, with a software library and are in a presentable state. I hope to exibit mine someday and are also acitve in trying to foster a vintage computer community here in New Zealand.

Tez

Thanks for the welcome everyone!

Most of my retro computing so far has just been watching demos and playing games. I would love to be able to start some programming again. I did a good bit of C64 programming when I was younger. I am also thinking of trying to design an ATMEL based project for the C64. :)

As for my jumping, I've had some very stressful situations before, but I've always managed to keep a cool head and work through them. Also, there's no such thing as a perfectly good airplane. :p

Heather

welcome, heather! the fun never ends here. :)

and yes, definitely get back into programming. it makes retro-computing way more interesting when you can write your own programs for them, imo.

Welcome. It's nice to see another rider on the forum. Having spent a lot of time around aircraft and seen whats done to them I can understand why you'd want to jump out ;).

Woah woah woah.. you mean Mike and you could start delivering vintage computers via drop? This would TOTALLY improve the VCGM. ;-) Welcome, it's a nice active crowd here, course it is on lemon and ami too. There are usually a lot of cross members if we don't scare them off too quickly.

Welcome! (Which one are you in the sky diving pics?)

Never had the urge to jump from a perfectly good airplane. Reminds me of this little diddy we used to sing in the army:

Bo Diddly, Bo Diddly have you heard?
I'm gonna jump from an iron bird.
If that chute don't open wide, I've got another one by my side.
If that chute don't open wide, I'll be part of the countryside.

Welcome! (Which one are you in the sky diving pics?)

Never had the urge to jump from a perfectly good airplane. Reminds me of this little diddy we used to sing in the army:

Bo Diddly, Bo Diddly have you heard?
I'm gonna jump from an iron bird.
If that chute don't open wide, I've got another one by my side.
If that chute don't open wide, I'll be part of the countryside.

Spoken like a AR. What Div?

--T

Back