• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Quick Introduction

Thanks Nathan! My sister lives in New Mexico and her husband is from Texas. I thought about moving to New Mexico but I really don't like the desert. There's not enough green. :)

Heather

OK. I just have to comment here...

Does anyone besides me find it absolutely hilarious that there's all types of guys asking to see pictures of the only obvious female that I've seen hit these forums? (at least in my tenure here)

Always nice to know that even us nerdy guys are still typical guys at heart ;)

So far as the pix, I checked 'em out. Both out of curiosity to see if SDG was in there, as well as to see if there were any pix taken from the air... skydiving's always fascinated me, but I know that I've not got the stomach for it. I have no problem flying, etc, but rollercoasters tend to make me feel ill - my stomach is made to exist just above my waist, not to be forced into my chest!!! :) I can only imagine that the sudden acceleration and de-acceleration experienced in skydiving would be 10x worse...

Hi Maverick,

No worries at all, it tends to be the same on most forums I join. :thumbsup:

As for that funny feeling of your stomach dropping out from under you when ride a roller coaster, you don't get that with skydiving. It really just feels like you are floating in the air, so long as you are under control and not flailing all over the place. If you are flailing, it feels like you are falling very fast towards the very large planet beneath you. :D

Thanks for the warm welcomes everyone,

Heather

Bo Diddly, Bo Diddly have you heard?
I'm gonna jump from an iron bird.
If that chute don't open wide, I've got another one by my side.
If that chute don't open wide, I'll be part of the countryside.

A few of us geezer Springsteen diehards also recognize that tune ....

"Bo Diddley, Bo Diddley's at the Seaside Bar
We'll run barefoot in the sand, listen to his guitar
You say your mama's gonna meet you when the morning comes
And your papa's gonna beat you 'cause he knows you're out on the run"

OK. I just have to comment here...

Does anyone besides me find it absolutely hilarious that there's all types of guys asking to see pictures of the only obvious female that I've seen hit these forums? (at least in my tenure here)

At one of the California editions of the Vintage Computer Festival, a 6-foot leggy blonde showed up on the second day and wanted to know if she could have some space to exhibit her collection. The show manager parked her between me and Erik. Of course, Erik is happily married, so I focused on the tech-oriented beauty. Erik and most of the other guys focused on her THREE original Apple Lisas. :p

A few of us geezer Springsteen diehards also recognize that tune ....
1) You know you're old when you hear geezer and Springsteen in the same sentence and go "WAIT, WHAT?!?"

2) Especially if you know who Ellis McDaniels is.

Kinda like going to a Paul McCartney concert and the guy next to you starts singing along "Hey Dude" :D

Last edited:
1) You know you're old when you hear geezer and Springsteen in the same sentence and go "WAIT, WHAT?!?"

Well, a lot of people are oblivious to the fact that he wasn't just a 1980s artist. "Seaside Bar Song" is from early/mid 1970s, I believe.

2) Especially if you know who Ellis McDaniels is.

True. :)

Kinda like going to a Paul McCartney concert and the guy next to you starts singing along "Hey Dude" :D

LOL!

...My sister lives in New Mexico and her husband is from Texas. I thought about moving to New Mexico but I really don't like the desert. There's not enough green. :)

The best places aren't seen from the Interstates...

Green?...

The first designated "Wilderness Area" in the world is my backyard...

Heh! My wakeup came at Jazzfest '06 when I gazed down the lawn and realized that the majority of the heads between me and Jimmy Buffet were bald on top with scant tendrils of white hanging from just above the ears to the collars of their Hawaiian shirts...

--T

I thought about moving to New Mexico but I really don't like the desert. There's not enough green. :)

Heather

It all depends on what part of the desert you're in.
If you're in the real desert in the spring, it's green but the rest of the time it's brown.
If you're in a civilized area like I am, there's a golf course every five miles - it's doesn't get any greener than that (it's like the PNW without the rain ;) ).

If you're in the real desert in the spring, it's green but the rest of the time it's brown.
Well, the sparsity of green was not my only reason. The closest place to go skydiving was a two hour drive away from my sister's house and they had/have a Cessna for their primary airplane. Much too small an airplane. :)

Heather

Back