• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

What is this? Post Photos of Mystery Items Here (vintage computers only)

Okay, with deafening silence, here's my guess.

It's a channel logic board from a GTE Lenkurt microwave relay setup. I can find the board number mentioned in the Lucent/Alcatel catalog of spare parts. The use of the combination of germanium and silicon PNP transistors in the logic as well as the PCB fabrication with eyelets for vias points to an early 60s vintage. Note that this is a digital logic board; amounting to discrete DTL.

Anyone interested in more of this kind of stuff?

Can you identify this graphic video technology device??

(click for a larger view)
main-qimg-c9c8c4c706e814820c3afedae9530837-c.jpg

This device looks like a Chyron CG from late 1970s, it was in use during the 1980s. Can someone identify it with brand, model, year, etc…?

Anyone interested in more of this kind of stuff?

I am, but purely from an aesthetic perspective, those hand drawn tracks are a joy to behold. I could take a stab at it's function based on the component layout and interconnectivity, but I would never for the life of me be able to pick the kit it came from. Maybe we need an "Aesthetic Kit" thread to celebrate the wonderful examples of design and construction I'm sure we all have in our collections? I nearly fell off my perch at the site of that AKAT-1 earlier ITT, what a time capsule of engineering and design that machine is.

Meanwhile, who wants to take a swing at this critter? Came to me in a bulk purchase of ISA cards. It's labelled as a A3103-200901, ROM is labelled SS5206, neither return any hits on or the usual haunts for card info (uncreative labs etc) or on the Google.

20181218_125305.jpg

It has a UPD8255AC-2 PPI in its guts and some rather clunky voltage regulation circuitry on the right, featuring open base transistors and trimmer controlled voltage dividers which feed a TL487ACN. The thing has a 66 pin header on the back, but I don't know of any drive or peripheral standard that utilises this number of pins. Trace tracking reveals only about 16 of them are in use anyway, the rest are open. No info on the back short of a QC sticker. I suspect it may be an interface card for some sort of external sampling instrument due to the separate and calibrated power supply, but I haven't the faintest.

Thoughts?

I am, but purely from an aesthetic perspective, those hand drawn tracks are a joy to behold. I could take a stab at it's function based on the component layout and interconnectivity, but I would never for the life of me be able to pick the kit it came from. Maybe we need an "Aesthetic Kit" thread to celebrate the wonderful examples of design and construction I'm sure we all have in our collections? I nearly fell off my perch at the site of that AKAT-1 earlier ITT, what a time capsule of engineering and design that machine is.

Meanwhile, who wants to take a swing at this critter? Came to me in a bulk purchase of ISA cards. It's labelled as a A3103-200901, ROM is labelled SS5206, neither return any hits on or the usual haunts for card info (uncreative labs etc) or on the Google.

View attachment 49968

It has a UPD8255AC-2 PPI in its guts and some rather clunky voltage regulation circuitry on the right, featuring open base transistors and trimmer controlled voltage dividers which feed a TL487ACN. The thing has a 66 pin header on the back, but I don't know of any drive or peripheral standard that utilises this number of pins. Trace tracking reveals only about 16 of them are in use anyway, the rest are open. No info on the back short of a QC sticker. I suspect it may be an interface card for some sort of external sampling instrument due to the separate and calibrated power supply, but I haven't the faintest.

Thoughts?

it's the interface board for an old Sunshine EPROM programmer
https://people.zeelandnet.nl/wgeeraert/eprom.htm

Hot damn man, You don't even need "Documentation" in your title, "Wizard" is plenty enough. Have you actually encountered this card before or did you use your clear omnipresence to consult the collective consciousness for a result?

Amazing, though personally I would have just claimed omnipresence :p

Thanks for that, have been looking to purchase/make an EPROM burner for my growing tool kit, apparently I'm already half way there.

Unsure What this is, They were throwing it away at school and I thought it might have been worth saving.

IMG_1391.jpg

Sord Computer Model EP-4A? Any info would be appeciated

650th4.jpg

mi2y4i.jpg

2me4cwp.jpg

90u1qu.jpg

fc2zbc.jpg

What...?

Considering the 16-bit ISA slots, AT keyboard port, off-chip cache, and co-processor socket, it's obviously a 386 board. Was there a 386 to pentium upgrade? Or is it a good thing I usually don't bother with PC stuff? As far as I know, all PCs use the same power connector (it's between the simm and keyboard sockets) but make sure you know how to connect it, they're easy to get backwards.

There is a remote possibility you will need a new battery.

There were a few Pentium motherboards with VLB slots but no PCI slots. Those were for Socket 4. Need to count the pins for both sockets. It is difficult to tell the difference between Sockets 2, 3, 4, or 5 from a distant view. I am not confident that the Pentium chip is actually in a Pentium supporting socket.

Note VLB generally means 486 was the intended processor.

https://stason.org/TULARC/pc/motherboards/Y/YOUNG-MICRO-SYSTEMS-INC-Pentium-CROSS-P5-VLB.html is one example of a Pentium with VLB motherboard just to confirm they exist. It is not the motherboard in pictures. I'm not patient enough to go through the whole lineup.

Help identify make/model of CGA? card

Help identify make/model of CGA? card

Pretty sure I've got a CGA card here, but can't see any markings to indicate a make and model.

Click for larger image:

Back