• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. I

apple ii europlus - worth getting a language card? and will a iie enhanced board fit?

hi i have a europlus with the standard 48k. monochrome pal output unfortunately. I've also got a iie enhanced, so the europlus is more of a curiosity at the moment... and wondering if worth expanding in any way. is it worth getting a 16k language card for it, any useful benefit beyond being...
  2. I

Videx 80 col board - just a phono..how to connect to monitor

Hi I've just got an Apple ii europlus. yay It's got a Videx 80 col card and a single phono out from the board. But no "switch plate" as described in the manual (here...
  3. I

Raspberry pi adaptor card? Anyone got one/ where to buy one?

Hi Are there any of these cool-sounding adaptor cards out in the wild/ anywhere to buy one? I've been checking and checking ultimateapple2.com it seems for ages, (- store in development/ closed- ) then it occurred I should ask if anyone else has made such a card ... Or should I sit tight?:)...
  4. I

Yay, I have a Model 4p - now a few fixin' questions

Hi I just got a model 4p, and ebay delivered it via their shipping program in one piece. That worked unexpectedly well.. the 4p works well too, expect the 5.25 at the moment. the model 4 looks pretty good, unfortunately it appears to have a non-switchable/ 120v only psu so until Bas next gets...
  5. I

Model 4 updated

Hi I finally fitted a few bits to my TRS-80 Model 4, and in recognition of the cool contributions made by trs-ian and thecorfiot i thought i'd share a some notes of 'the build'. I'll post a skeleton of it now and will try to add some more detail over the next days. The Model 4 -When I got it...
  6. I

serial card into a model 4 -connector problems

Hello I have a model 4, non gate array and want to add a serial card to it. I have a card (thanks to TheCorfiot and Ian) But unfortunately find the card's ribbon ends in a number of distinct flat /separate metal 'fingers', not the flat cable I was expecting. My motherboard's female plug...
  7. I

Replacement key switches, model 4

Hello (-again ) Seems my model 4 has some intransigent key switches, they just don't register even after switch cleaner, repeat pressing, a large of tries etc etc Is there a known supply of replacement keys switches for a matra / French made model 4? I can see I could swap a few around from...
  8. I

CGP-115 tandy printer -problem

Hi whikle I'm model4- less (being fixed) I thought i'd try my old CGP-115 out on parallel on another computer. Ive had it for years and never used it. Pens seem to work... anyway! it doesnt seem to work, or respond to any of the buttons. The pen carrier seems to be stuck in rotate, rotating...
  9. I

TRS-80 model 4 - garbage on screen, now every boot

Hi I've recently got myself a model 4. Seems overall good condition. I have already received a frehd kit and a U72 Pal from ian mavric. HOWEVER! before I've even started to build or fit those an intermittent boot problem has got much worse. It worked when i first got it, then a week later...
  10. I

Pet 2001-N, cost-effective ram /rom expansions?

Hello I have a Uk pet 2001-N, 8k I'd like to expand it to 32k, if there's an advantage in doing so. i have some interesting games and programs on my petdisk that I cant seem to run. I assume thats as I only have 8k and I am very limited in what I can run? Also, it has a few empty rom sockets...
  11. I

Looking for disk images - Research Machines 380z

Hi Myself and a few others are collating disks, disk images and programs for the Research Machines 380z. It's a CP/M machine that was widely used in UK schools in the early 80's just before the BBC micro was launched. It provided the first use many British schoolkids had of micro's and...
Back