• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. NF6X

BA11-K (or equivalent) Unibus Expansion Chassis

I'd like to add a Unibus expansion chassis to my VAX-11/730. I might try adapting an extra stripped PDP-11/44 chassis from my project pile for that, but if I could find a proper BA11-K (or equivalent) box with Unibus backplane(s), that would be swell. I think one might fit in the space under the...
  2. NF6X

Fujitsu M2284K Power Supply + Documentation

My PDP-11/34A system came with a Fujitsu M2284K hard drive. The hard drive power supply is dead, and I haven't managed to debug and repair it yet to try spinning up the hard drive. I am looking for a replacement power supply, and/or any detailed documentation about the power supply. I have the...
  3. NF6X

PDP-11/34A Original Field Maintenance Print Set

I would like to get an original paper field maintenance print set for my PDP-11/34A system. I have scans from Bitsavers already, but I would like a clear original print set on paper for easier reference while studying and debugging my system. I'm near Riverside, CA, USA.
  4. NF6X

Model 2 restoration

Hmm, now I'm imagining converting my 6000 project to a 6000FreHD, with a hard drive emulation hidden behind a trim panel in the second floppy drive bay. Might as well hide floppy drive emulation in there, too, with a switch to select either the real floppy drive or an emulated one for floppy...
  5. NF6X

Kaypro 4/83 Extra PIO Ports

Poking around in the schematic diagram of my Kaypro 4/83, I see that there are two 3881 PIO chips, each with one 8-bit port used and the other 8-bit port routed to test/expansion points. Are there any historical accounts of Kaypro, third-party manufacturers, or end users making interesting use...
  6. NF6X

Software for CP-1995/U Military Computer

Is any supporting software out in the wild for the CP-1995/U computer, AKA the "SHTU Terminal Unit"? This machine is a hand-held portable terminal designed around an 80286 processor, running MS-DOS. It has various radio interfaces built in. My sample of one has the operating system, diagnostic...
  7. NF6X

Z-80 ROM Monitor for Compupro CPU-Z

I'm getting close to bringing up my S-100 chassis for the first time, populated with a set of Compupro cards. My full card set consists of: CPU-Z System Support 1 RAM 17 Disk 1 Interfacer 4 I think that I would like to start with a ROM-resident monitor for initial debugging, before I try...
  8. NF6X

Debugging Farallon Ethermac NuBus Card in Macintosh IIci

I have a Macintosh IIci, running System 7.1. My dad got me a Farallon Ethermac NuBus NSC PN590A for Christmas, and I'm having trouble getting it working. He had the foresight to pick out one that came with a driver diskette. It didn't come with a manual, so I guessed that plugging it into an...
  9. NF6X

Wanted: Apple II Workstation Card

This may be a long shot: Does anybody have an Apple II Workstation Card sitting around, that might find its way into my enhanced IIe?
  10. NF6X

Wanted: Hayes Smartmodem 300, 1200, 2400

I'd like to acquire a few original external Hayes Smartmodems: Hayes Smartmodem / Hayes Smartmodem 300 Hayes Smartmodem 1200 Hayes Smartmodem 2400 I'm located in southern California. Can pay by PayPal. No eBay.
  11. NF6X

Wanted: Compupro CP/M-80 v2.2R or 2.2S Master Distribution Disk

I am looking for a master distribution disk for either version 2.2R or 2.2S of Compupro CP/M-80.
  12. NF6X

Wanted: Small, Monochrome, Mid to Late 1970s Composite Monitor

I just became the proud new owner of a lovely SOL-20 computer system. While I have a few monitors which should work with it, none of them will look Just Right sitting on top of it. So, I am looking for a suitable, contemporary monitor to go with my SOL-20. A monitor that I might have bought at...
  13. NF6X

Wanted: VIC-20 Video Cable and/or Modulator

I just got a nice VIC-20 from a Goodwill auction. I don't have a video cable for it yet. I can make one if I have to, but does anybody have an original cable and/or modulator for sale or trade?
  14. NF6X

Wanted: Macintosh IIci System, NuBus Ethernat Card, and AppleTalk Adapters

I'd like to put together a Macintosh IIci system with both Ethernet and AppleTalk support, to bridge the gap between a 512k Macintosh that I'm getting and my modern systems. So, I think I am looking for: Macintosh IIci w/ keyboard and mouse Original monitor for the IIci, or a suitable VGA...
  15. NF6X

Boot Disks for 512k Mac

I just won a Goodwill auction for a 512k Mac system. Yay! No floppy disks are pictured, so I assume that I will need to procure or create boot disks for it after I clean it up (and if necessary, fix it). I'm looking forward to receiving it! This one looks like it was never upgraded with 800k...
  16. NF6X

Is this an S-100 chassis?

A friend is offering me this chassis with a couple of 8" floppy drives in it. I would want it for the drives in any case, but maybe I can find a use for the whole thing. Does this card cage look like an S-100 bus to y'all? I won't have the unit in my hot little hands for a couple weeks or so...
  17. NF6X

FreHD Serial Port Use

Is anybody using the serial port that is present on the FreHD? If so, how? I have the impression that it is a vestigial debugging feature, and I wonder whether there is any means to access it from the TRS-80.
  18. NF6X

Expansion Bus Peripherals for Models III/4/4P?

I'm curious about what vintage peripherals were made for the models III, 4 and 4P that plugged into the bus expansion connector. There were the hard drives, of course, and also the Orchestra 90 if I'm not mistaken. Were there any others, whether from Radio Shack or third parties?
  19. NF6X

WTB: Data General 6030 Dual Floppy Drive, plus Other Nova Stuff

I'd like to add a number 6030 dual 8" floppy drive to my Nova 3/12. I already have a 6045 hard drive and its controller (both of which I'm still debugging), and the documentation I have states that the 6030 can be mixed with 6045 drives on the same bus. So, I'd like to find a 6030 drive unit in...
  20. NF6X

Data General Nova 3: 6045 Drive Debugging Progress

This forum needs more Nova chatter! After a long hiatus, I've given my Nova 3/12 some more brain bandwidth. It consists of a Nova 3/12 and a 6045 hard drive. The drive has one 5M fixed platter, and one 5M removable pack. A couple of packs came with the system. I have not been able to boot the...
Back