• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. S

Tantalum Capacitor

Can someone please tell me the value of this capacitor. I'm guessing a 47uF or 4.7uF or 0.47uF??? ;-) I'm not a whiz at this. Searched the internet for help but I haven't found anything beneficial in my goal: how to determine the markings on these caps. Some were helpful but none that looks...
  2. S

IBM 5151 Monitor

Greetings all. I recently installed a cap kit to this unit and that went well. I probably didn't need to do this, but I did even if I found out why it wasn't displaying text. I was testing it in a dead 5150 board using SuperSoft and nothing displayed, so I assumed the monitor hence the cap kit...
  3. S

GHP Wonder Wizard Television Sports Game Console 7702

Hello all. Bought this off of ebay recently, and I need a potentiometer that is hard to find. If anyone has an OEM NOS or one that will/can be adjusted to work I'd very much appreciate it. It's fun getting 40+ year old gaming systems a new life. It's one of the old Pong games of the 70s...
  4. S

Sears Super Video Arcade Tele-Games

Greetings all. I found one of these gaming (cartridges) at Goodwill. It was $1.52, so I bought it. It looked to be in good shape, but when I hooked it up the video (screen) flickers white horizontal bars, then disappears, and constantly repeats this. I took it apart and cleaned it well. It...
  5. S

Just bought a Atari 800X:

Subject should be: 800XL, I guess you figured that and the poster was a newbie to Atari - Yep. Got the 800XL with two 1050 drives; the console works fine; ran the built-in tests and they all passed. Found the manuals online and I learned how to change drive numbers. I do not have the DOS...
  6. S

Macintosh Classic

Hello all. Eh just from grins I was looking at one of these computers for sale on eBay and it doesn't start up, but has a little floppy image in the center of the screen. What does this mean? Is it simply the HDD has failed or the system is void of one? Don't know any other info as far as...
  7. S

GEOS v2.0

Greetings. Does anyone know if GEOS v2.0 came on 5 1/4" diskette? I have it on 3.5". I purchased a "New - GEORAM 512 RAM Expansion Unit by Berkeley Softworks for Commodore 64 & 128" cartridge from eBay and it requires GEOS v2.0r. I have the GEOS v2.0r but not the System Backup disk on 5 1/4"...
  8. S

Commodore 128 and 80 Colums

Greetings all. Just bought a C128, and the introduction guide says to get 80 columns an RGBI monitor is needed. I have two - haven't tried them because I don't want it in my computer room; takes up too much space. Is there an alternative? I have a TV/monitor; will this work? It has component...
  9. S

Commodore Emulator for the PC

Greetings. What is a good C64 or C128 emulator for the PC, Windows 7, 8, and 10? Also, what if I want to use Commodore hardware with the emulator, esp. a joystick? What are the options? Thanks
  10. S

Commodore 1581 3.5" Drive in very good condition/working

Hello! If you have a good/working 1581 drive I would be interested in buying it. Any pics are necessary. Please PM me. If you have the original software and manual is also something I need. Thanks, Spencer.
  11. S

Mac OS 10.1.4 and Apple PowerMac G3

Hello! I'm running Mac OS 10.1.4 on my desktop beige G3. What is the latest Mac OS version I can run on my G3? It has 768MB and runs well with this version; however I have a problem. Browser: IE v5.1, TCP/IP is configured correctly using DHCP. I can ping the Mac PC from a Win7 PC...
  12. S

USB PCI Card Driver Issue

Greetings. I have a Keyspan USB PCI Card recently installed in a Apple Mac G3 Beige desktop (clean install). I cannot get Mac OS9.2.2 to see the card. The quickstart guide says: "If you are running Mac OS 9.2.2 you must install Apple's USB drivers from your Mac OS 9.x CD. To do this run the...
  13. S

Proxy Server Solutions

Greetings! My Linksys Smart Wifi router is fairly high tech and I believe it encrypts well, but I realize it's not fool-proof. In today's world we can't be too safe while on the Internet. Is anyone using or can recommend a good proxy server software solution to mask a home users' IP/internet...
  14. S

Accessing two 1541 drives

Hello! I recently (new comer to C64) bought a nice C64, and found two good 5 1/4" drives. Both drives appear to be working when I connect them one at a time. I can write to one diskette, hook up the other drive and both drives read the same diskette I save a .bas file to. This at least seems...
  15. S

Ibm 4869 1.2mb

Greetings all. Ok I'm about to give up on getting one of these 5 1/4 drives that work. I received another today and no workee! The seller said it was in his late fathers' collection and was never used. When I took it out of the box, no original box, and plugged it in nothing happens. The...
  16. S

Apple Mac G3 Beige Destop and OS9.2.2

Greetings! Recently I received an awesome G3 desktop and love it; I decided I wanted to blow all the software off from a previous owner and install a clean OS9 onto it. The install went ok as far as it seems, a big HOWEVER. I lost my USB mouse!!!! I'm NOT a Mac guru, so I need help. I have...
  17. S

Looking for iomega z100si 100mb scsi zip drive

Greetings! Anyone have an Iomega z100si 100mb scsi zip drive they could part with? I need it for my Apple Mac G3. I am a neophyte Apple Mac guy. Waiting for my OS9 for Dummies to learn more about this OS and system. Thanks!
  18. S

Company for the lonely Mac

19. S

CPU (circuit) removal tool

Greetings. I need to remove a 286 from a PS/2 Mod. 30 to install HYPERTECH HYPERACE-SX (M30) PROCESSOR UPGRADE board. However, I do not have the proper tool to remove the 286 from the Mod. 30 board. There's a link below. Will this tool work to remove the 286? I do not want to break the...
  20. S

Looking for IBM 4869 5 1/4 drive or power supply

Greetings. Anyone have one of these units for sale or have an extra power supply laying around you can sell? I'm interested in either the 360KB or 1.2MB drive. On mine the power led flickers on and then off when applying power and when turning it back off, so I'm assuming it's the power...
Back