• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. A

IBM Displaywriter printer cable pinouts

Can anyone help with any information on printer connection pinouts of an Displaywriter? (6580). I finally got an IBM 5218 printer, which I would like to connect to the system, but it is missing a cable. Simple straight -through or nullmodem DB9 cables are not working, and I have already...
  2. A

Olympia People - a nice, but failed attempt

I had really high hopes on this machine, built in the beginning of the 80-ties, but it seems Olympia did everything wrong were they could. Yes, it is all good quality metal machine, with dual 5.25 floppy drives and metal framed keyboard, with 8086 processor, but this is where the good part...
  3. A

Zenith ZVM - 121 - just having fun

A local thrift shop find. Vertical adjustment pin broken, but screwdriver method works. Cheap, neglected, but appears to be fully working, and the result is better than I expected. No proper computer to test with, however, Xbox 360 works just fine, including Mass Effect and Total Miner...
  4. A

A funny question from the seller...

Recently I bought 4 plastic cabinets for storing 8 inch floppies. After I paid, I did receive an e-mail from the seller: I did look at your profile, and I'm very curious, what are you going to use them for? After I replied, that I really intend to store 8 inch floppies in them, there was no...
  5. A

New old stock floppies loosing data...

The problem is - I bought a new old stock Maxell 8 inch floppies for IBM Displaywriter. One week ago I made 3 main program copies from master disk. Now, two of them will not read in any drive, one reads, but with errors sometimes. I thought the drive heads are dirty or there are alignment...
  6. A

IBM Displaywriter printer (5215 or 5218) needed

Looking for an IBM 5215 or 5218 printer to be used with an IBM 6580 (Displaywriter). Preferably in Europe, due to voltage differences/shipping costs. Please let me know if you have one for sale, thanks!
  7. A

Highscreen Kompakt serie III - finally alive

Bought this machine on Ebay for needs for connecting older drivers/using other floppy formats. Specs: 286/16 - 1MB RAM 52MB HDD Was listed as "Hard drive not working, both floppies read fine". Due to careless packaging it arrived in the following condition: * Hard drive still not working...
  8. A

IBM 6580 has arrived...

Cold, still warming up before any further testing, but it seems to have arrived in one piece. This thing is huge, and it seems that the monitor is actually the lightest of all components, with dual 8 inch floppy drive being the most heavy... More information and photos to follow.
  9. A

Floppy disks for an IBM DisplayWriter

looking for floppy disks for an IBM Displaywriter, preferably with a Textpack 4.
  10. A

Need some help with 8 inch floppy drive...

I'm about to aquire an IBM Displaywriter, with double floppy drive and no software. I do need to setup my old 286 PC to be able to read 8 inch floppies, so I guess I need some help. First - if I understand correctly, I can use (or create) and adapter from 34 pin floppy cable to 50 pin cable for...
  11. A

Sharp PC-7000 - almost a dissapointment

I like floppy based vintage computers, so it came as no surprise, that I bought the Sharp PC-7000 as well. After all. who can resist the power of a dual 5.25 inch floppy drive, large 384 KB of RAM, and powerful 7.87 Mhz Intel 8086 CPU. Judging from the pictures on E-bay, it looked pretty...
  12. A

Need help with hardware component ID.

Hello, I am a lucky(or unlucky) owner of a NEC ProSpeed SX/20, and need some help to finish repairing it. First - all dead caps replaced , but now I am stuck to two components I need to replace: Second - LC circuit - only ID here is TDK 271. Could anyone suggest what can I use for a...
  13. A

Nec ProSpeed 386 SX/20 review - 26 years later

It's not often when you see a 26 years old laptop, still packed in original packaging, never used. Although the processor was a 386 SX/20, pretty fast for that time, it is limited by 1MB of stock RAM, which barely allows to run Windows 3.1. Another drawbacks - many problems can arise from being...
  14. A

IBM 5140 - a blast from a past

Sometimes, when you want to do something new, you have to make mistakes. This was exactly the case with IBM, developing portable laptop in the middle of 80-ties. In some ways, it was revolutionary - dual 3,5 inch floppies, with 720K storage offered about more storage than 5,25 inch floppy discs...
  15. A

Husky hunter 16 or 16/80 wanted

Looking for unit in working condition, use'rs guide would be a big Plus. Thanks!
  16. A

Tandy 102 or little Christmas for me...

I collect all type of portable devices, and Tandy 100/102 has been on my radar for some time. However, either the price was not right, or the unit was in worst condition than I expected. Finally I got a really good deal on Ebay, with Tandy 102 and accesories. Today, when I received the package...
  17. A

Husky hunter 16 - a new old toy

Some time has passed since I bought Husky Hunter 16 - MS-DOS 3.3 device with 1MB of RAM, and no other storage options than using part of RAM as a storage. It is a rugged handheld PC, running at 1/4 of CGA resolution. By rugged I mean you could probably use it instead of a hummer, and then...
  18. A

Sharp PC-3000 or PC-3100 wanted

Hello everyone, I'm looking for Sharp PC-3000 or 3100, mint, with original packaging and all cables. Original manual is not necessary, but welcome addition as well. Maybe some of you might have one gathering dust - I would be happy to get this machine a new home in my DOS computer collection...
  19. A

IBM Palmtop 110 wanted

Looking for complete set with docking station in great visual and working condition, at least 8MB RAM. Ready to pay 400-500 EUR via PayPal, + shipping costs to Latvia. I Hope someone has one for sale? Thanks!
Back