• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. A

Help please identifying this 6809 Eurocard board.

Hi Folks, I have just bought this 6809 base Eurocard on a bit of a whim and I'm trying to identify it. In addition to the 6809, it has a dual port UART ((SCN2681), 8KiB RAM, an NEC keyboard/display controller and a sneaky little PIC in the top/right socket. Does anyone know what this is...
  2. A

UK-101. Where does clk o1 come from.

Hello Folks, I am trying to get my old UK-101 running and there is no clock on pin 37 of the CPU. I can see it going into the clock tree of dividers but can't see how it gets to pin 37 on the 6502. Can anyone shed a little light please? Thanks, Andy
  3. A

How to write an NCR boot disk from Linux

Hi Folks, I have started trying to get my old NCR Decision Mate V up and running. I have it to the point where it is asking for a boot disk that I don't have. :-) I have found an image of a boot disk in CopyQM format. This isn't a format I have come across. Using the command line utility...
  4. A

Wanted: NCR Decision Mate 5 keyboard

Short version... Does anyone have a DMV keyboard they would part with please? Thanks, Andy. Long Version... Before lockdown I bought a DMV, to recreate my early career. When I went to pick it up the seller told me he had been unable find the keyboard but it would be in his storage unit...
  5. A

VR201 monitor leaking red/brown goo.

Hi folks, When I went to pick up my VR201 monitor there was a pool of red/brown goo underneath it. It looks a lot like gearbox oil. I've opened it up and I can see the stuff around the plastic screen surround but it's not on the circuit board. I thought it might be capacitor fluid but there is...
  6. A

Retro Computer Museum fundraiser.

Hello everyone, I know we are all suffering at the moment but a UK charity that is very dear to my heart has started a fundraiser to try and get it through these troubled times and hang on until it can open its doors to the public again when the Covid-19 lockdown is over. The Retro Computer...
  7. A

Minor Nascom gathering - 29th Feb 2020 (United Kingdom)

On Saturday 29th of FEB the Retro Computer Museum in Leicester, UK, will be playing host to a Minor Gathering of Nascom computer enthusiasts from around the country. The Minor Gatherings are small events focused on a particular machine or family of machines that perhaps aren't as well known as...
  8. A

Help identifying a resistor please.

Hi Folks, In this recent thread I mentioned this I'd got a Canadian PDP-8 clone. I am in the process of restoring it and have checked out the power supplies and given the boards that make up the CPU and clean and visual check. I have now moved on to the core memory boards and have run across...
  9. A

Canadian PDP-8 clone from Consolidated Computer Inc.

Is anyone here familiar with the PDP-8 clone/compatible made by Consolidated Computer Inc in Canada. I have recently acquired one in a 19" floor standing cabinet with a 9 track tape drive in another cab. I have searched around but can't find anything out about these machines. Does anyone know...
  10. A

Problem writing boot block for BSD2.11 on PDP-11/53

Hello everyone, I've been trying to setup BSD2.11 on my 11/53 with a SCSI2SD and have mostly succeeded except I can't get the boot record in or at least it won't boot from the SD card. I built the image using SIMH and the instructions in "Installing and Operating 2.11BSD on the PDP-11" by...
  11. A

Is the Video out socket on Video Genie or Disk Smith Sys80 the same as model 1?

Hi Folks, I've just acquired a rather beaten up Video Genie 1 and I'm not getting anything out of the RF socket. That could be down to a picked TV and so I'd like to go for the monitor socket. Could someone please tell me if the pin outs on the video socket are the same as the TRS-80 model 1...
  12. A

Can a Rainbow be used as a bridge machine for other RX50 DECs

Hello Folks, I am in the process of picking up a DECMATE 3 but it has no floppies. I don't currently have a PC bridge machine but I do have a Rainbow. Can the Rainbow read and write floppies that could be used on the DECMATE or come to think of it, a PDP-11 with RX50? Thanks, Andy.
  13. A

PDP-11 under Simh. Trying to create empty disk image.

Hi Folks, I have RT-11 on a simulated PDP-11 under Simh. I would like to create another disk image (perhaps an RD54) that is empty and full sized on the native OS (Linux) so that I can copy it to an SD card to pop into an SCSI2SD interface. I can't for the life of me see how to create an...
  14. A

I need an RX01 writing. Please can someone help.

Hello Folks, As some of you know, I am restoring a PDT-11/150 (http://www.randomorbit.co.uk/?cat=133) and I am in need of a known good RX01 disk. I have the required image and a small number of 8" floppies but I have no way of writing to one. Please can someone who has the facilities please...
  15. A

RX01 drive belts. Is there a source?

Hello Folks, I am working on getting my recently acquired PDT-11/150 running and have found that the drive belts from both RX01 (ish?) drives have fallen off. They have lost their condition over the years and need replacing. Does anyone here know of a suitable replacement? Thanks, Andy.
  16. A

New (to me) PDT-11/150

Hello Folks, I recently acquired a PDT-11/150 from an old friend. I am slowly getting to grips with this interesting bit of PDP-11 history and really enjoying the ride. So far I have uploaded code snippets using ODT and now have a boot prompt but no drive activity. You can read my...
  17. A

Another Nascom

Hello Folks, Having seen the progress made over the last few weeks with a Nascom-1 on the other thread I thought I dust mine off and try, with a little help from my friends, to get it going. I started working on this as part of retrochallenge2017/10 and you can read about it on my website...
  18. A

Looking for DWP410 printer manual

Hello Folks, Please could someone point me in the direction of a manual for the DWP-410 printer? I have found a number of copies of the tractor feed manual but it is the printer manual I'm seeking. Specifically, mine seems to be double spacing the lines and I'd like it to stop! Thanks, Andy.
  19. A

What ink to use on fabric ribbon (daisywheel)

Hi folks, I have recently powered up my Tandy daisy-wheel printer. Amazingly it still prints but as you can imagine, the portion of ribbon that's been exposed is dry. I would like to add some fresh in and would like some suggestions. As it's not a dot matrix I don't think I need to worry too...
  20. A

Looking for command line XMODEM prog for PC/MSDOS

Hello Folks, I'm trying to find a simple command line driven X/Y/Zmodem prog for the PC but I'm drawing a blank. I have found a number of drivers for BBS and some full featured comms programs but I would just like something that works along the lines of :- XM -receive <filename> -port -baud...
Back