• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. A

IBM PS/1 "Adapter Card Unit" front bezel?

Longshot, but does anyone have an IBM PS/1 "Adapter Card Unit" front bezel spare? Or at least one they can get high quality photos of all sides so I can 3D print a replacement? I got a PS/1 2121 with both the 5.25" drive expansion and the ISA card expansions, but the ISA expansion chassis is...
  2. A

Cheap "Iffy" Compact Macs

Time to pare down the collection... I have a few compact Macs that are in need of some TLC, but boot. Sometimes. Plus - platinum, 2.5 MB RAM, missing battery door. Fairly yellowed (I thought it was a beige for a while!) keyboard's "-" key stem is broken (I have a completely-broken Plus...
  3. A

NeXTstation Turbo, MegaPixel display, CD-ROM, laser printer. - $800

As detailed in my PC 5150 for sale thread, I'm getting rid of some of the machines that just don't hold my interest as much as I would think. This is a NeXTstation Turbo (68040 @ 33 MHz,) 8 MB RAM (I believe I'm remembering properly, might be 16 MB.) Includes original (grayscale) MegaPixel...
  4. A

IBM PC 5150 with CGA & MDA cards and displays, MANY extras - $600

A IBM PC 5150, with 512 KB RAM, dual 360 KB floppies, original IBM CGA and MDA cards, serial+parallel adapter, 5151 and 5153 displays (MDA and CGA displays) with no burn in, original model F keyboard, lots of software, original documentation and disks, original boxes (one monitor box doesn't...
  5. A

Portland Retro Gaming Expo - this coming weekend 10/21-23 2016

http://www.retrogamingexpo.com Obviously gaming-focused, but very retro. Rooms of vintage arcade machines, home video game consoles, and yes, PC games. Many good speakers, including Ben Heck and the finders of the "Nintendo PlayStation" and "8-bit Guy" David Murray. (Moderator's note: This...
  6. A

Amiga 1000 loaded on eBay - NOT MINE

Well, this one is going to skyrocket far above my pay grade, even if I don't post it here, so might as well post it! www.ebay.com/itm/282199984438 Seller doesn't even know what all is there, but it seems to have a RAM upgrade, SCSI, external 5.25" floppy drive, two modems, two mice, a pair of...
  7. A

Original IBM ThinkPad on FleaBay - NOT MINE

It sat at $45 until it had 24 hours to go. 13 hours left, and it's up to $127. http://www.ebay.com/itm/232092590422 Yup, the original "ThinkPad", before it had a model number. With original PenPoint OS, original packaging, and nearly every original accessory (except the floppy drive - which is...
  8. A

Hyperventilating - Just brought home PC 5150 in original boxes from original owner

Found on Craigslist - he was severely over-asking, but after emailing back and forth, he admitted he did it solely to weed out people who don't actually appreciate the system as a historical artifact, -'d sold it for far less. What it includes is amazing though, and probably was worth his...
  9. A

Help identify an unusual Quadram board and a CHIPS "SPEGASYNC"?

I got a box of ISA cards recently. Most of them are pretty easy to identify, but two have me stumped. One I can find vague reference to - a Chips & Technologies "SPEGASYNC" - everywhere online calls it just "Expansion card 8-bit ISA VIDEO CARD MDA, CGA, EGA." But this is odd. It has both a...
  10. A

WTB: Assembled XT-IDE ($ or trade)

Finally getting a 5150, I'd like some easy-to-interface-with-modern-media storage for it. But I suck at surface-mount soldering, and I'm too impatient to deal with soldering anyway. :D Anyone have an assembled XT-IDE they want to part with? (Or be willing to do the assembly for me and charge...
  11. A

Not quite vintage, but useful - USB HD that mounts ISOs and emulates optical drives.

http://www.megatechnews.com/megatech-reviews-zalman-zm-ve200-external-hdd-case-and-virtual-drive/ It's a fairly standard 2.5" SATA-to-eSATA-or-USB enclosure, with one major difference... It can natively read ISO files stored on the drive, and will emulate a USB optical drive. It has a small...
  12. A

Free in Portland, OR: PDP-11/23

NOT MINE! See Craigslist post: I don't have the space (or energy) to spare for it, but hopefully someone in the Pacific Northwest can save this from the recycler!
  13. A

New video: My daughter playing King's Quest on my PCjr.

Thanks to a couple forum members here, my daughter is now addicted to King's Quest, so I had to share. http://gallery.me.com/ehurtley#100474 - Vimeo link not active quite yet, MobileMe link to die in a few months. :-/
  14. A

FS: Prototype Sound Blaster and Creative Music System

Edit: Commitment to buy given, thanks all! Need to pare down my collection, and as much as I want to keep these, I just won't be actually using them, and would rather see them go to someone who will use them. They were detailed (and photographed) in this thread here...
  15. A

FS: Nearly entire vintage (mid '80s-mid '90s) computer collection

My goal has always been to have a 'representative sampling' of vintage computers, and it just turned in to pure "hoarding" over the years. Well, it has been three years since I reasonably had any time to devote to my hobby, and no reasonable expectation of having time soon. I had been meaning...
  16. A

Not that I need them: More IBMs coming.

Just committed to a batch of IBMs from someone via Craigslist. Half of them (barely) qualify as vintage, one is barely out-of-scope, one definitely too new. A PS/2 77 with CD-ROM (I'm hoping for an actual "Ultimedia" system, but I doubt it is.) PS/Valuepoint 486 PC 350 desktop (Pentium 133) PC...
  17. A

Scored 3 SGI Indys for $30.

My Indy is a bit low-end, so I've been on the prowl for another; and got an incredible deal. Three "Indy"s for $30. One is a fully loaded Indy (sadly, still no IndyCam,) two are "Challenge S" server variants. Haven't booted 'em up yet (Now where did my 13W3 adapter wander off to?) but they...
  18. A

Score! Early prototype Sound Blaster.

Just got a load of old MS-DOS games off Freecycle, and along with it a boxed Creative Music board, and a hand-made early prototype "Creative Technology Killer Board", aka "Sound Blaster 1.0" upon release. It is what is obviously a custom-printed PCB (with CT 1320 stamped on,) with all the chips...
  19. A

Completed the ridiculous: Macintosh 128 "on the Internet".

(A copy and paste from my post on the 68kMLA, plus a picture from later in that thread: ) Alright. The definition may be stretching it, but I just successfully got my M0001 to browse to the 68kmla! Then I discovered that the 128's keyboard, with it's missing arrow keys, Control key, and...
  20. A

Woo-hoo! Picked up a 128K today - 1983 Manufacture!

To quote the message I posted on the 68kMLA: YES! :D EDIT: Info that I found out after typing all of the below, but decided needs to be first: It's a 1983 manufacture! Serial number F352035M0001. And, at present, it is now the only 'full serial number' with a 1983 manufacture date...
Back