• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

The New Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
The poster's location can be seen in their user profile that's if they have entered it, But yes i agree i'd much rather see the location instead of the useless reputation bar in post's, Also i don't think the join date or post count is really necessary in the post's either, That can also be seen in the user profile of the poster. It all adds to unnecessary white space in the post's, I turned off avatars and signatures years ago.

edit: and I know I posted several times to remove the like button and the stupid bar.. (AND I MEANT IT) someone must think its funny as they are hitting LIKE to every post I make.. so I have a stalker now... Super.... I miss the old forum layout :(

Looks like you're going to need a new barber pole. :p

edit: and I know I posted several times to remove the like button and the stupid bar.. (AND I MEANT IT) someone must think its funny as they are hitting LIKE to every post I make.. so I have a stalker now... Super.... I miss the old forum layout :(

Which is precisely why that sort of thing was tried and discarded at Winworld a long time ago. It is useless and gets abused.

BTW, I personally see the borked avatars as a huge issue, as there are many old/literally dead accounts that will never get that reset.

By the way the user who created the account today and sent blank messages, hasn't replied to my messages and most likely is spamming the like button is user ID "amd"

Again, how do I report a user? I dont see something as important as this but plenty of superfluous and unnecessary things are on by default.

To be honest why do we have the option for anonymous lurkers? Lots of forums have it so you need to join to view content. Why is someone who is not a member allowed to "like" anything? This is already getting abused and was not smart to implement.

The Subscriptions List doesn't seem to have anticipated people having user names longer than 8 or 9 characters, resulting in odd wrapping, at least on a 1280-pixel-width or smaller display. Maybe you can get rid of the avatars on the list to free up some space, since most of them aren't showing up anymore, anyway.

Attachments

• sublist.png
    sublist.png
    172 KB · Views: 1
By the way the user who created the account today and sent blank messages, hasn't replied to my messages and most likely is spamming the like button is user ID "amd"

I am still getting spammed by this fake user who created his account today, can a Moderator please do something about it?

There's the "CONTACT US" link at the bottom that lets you send messages to the Admins.

Max T. Rabbit reached out to me on another forum and asked that I tell everyone he said goodbye. Especially a few people "Chuck G., Agent Orange, Eudimorphodon, Dwight Elvey, modem7 - it was a pleasure to make your acquaintance. I regret not being able to interact with you further here"

Disregard my stupidity and frustration. I know what is going on. PM's are flaking out big time... as in not really working. User AMD was able to send a screen capture to show me what he actually tried communicating.. And on his end my text wasn't coming over either. So we can only send messages through attached screen captures. I feel foolish, but we need to fix the PM system as its not working.:eek:nfire:

Last edited:

Again, how do I report a user? I dont see something as important as this but plenty of superfluous and unnecessary things are on by default.

To be honest why do we have the option for anonymous lurkers? Lots of forums have it so you need to join to view content. Why is someone who is not a member allowed to "like" anything? This is already getting abused and was not smart to implement.

I'm not spamming, I'm trying to ask a legitimate question.

..and I'll I'm getting from you is blank replies too.

Sigh.. ah well. First thing I do.. something's wrong with the back end, and gets misinterpreted as misbehavior. :(

Screen Shot 2021-04-29 at 06.54.52.png

.. and I'm not sure about spamming the like button. Actually, the first time I clicked it was during this session.
So much for joining .. and what a start off. I've only sent two PMs. One asking a question, another noting an empty reply, and .. yes, I sent that screenshot earlier and then I found this thread as I was looking to see if *blank* messages were a problem.

As for the first one, I though it may be a generic string from the forum, "You didn't send a message..." so I replied to that in a tongue in cheek way, and just now I went back and looked to see what I got in the next notification. On some forums I'm on the notification of a message received purposely does not even include the actual message for some reason.

So, the "You didn't send a message" is really the message and not a string from vBulletin. As I went back just now and I see your reply to my "blank" (forum bug?) message. So I guess the emailed notifications -are- working and are configured to include the message content with the notification however the actual message system shows -nothing-

Maybe you have emailed notifications turned off and then of course, you would not see anything I said. Again, I did reply again this morning and .. I have to figure that all you got was an empty message and further irritation.

Screen Shot 2021-04-29 at 07.30.00.png

Max T. Rabbit reached out to me on another forum and asked that I tell everyone he said goodbye. Especially a few people "Chuck G., Agent Orange, Eudimorphodon, Dwight Elvey, modem7 - it was a pleasure to make your acquaintance. I regret not being able to interact with you further here"

That's too bad. Is it the new forum software that's driving him away?

You know, there are still mail listserrvs around that seem to be doing their job. cctalk and cctech being a couple.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back