• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. A

Apple 2gs, Microdrive w/ CF card and 4mb RAM card

I have for sale a working Microdrive unit with CF card (256mb I believe) and a fully populated 4mb RAM card from Briel Computing. I'd like $130 for the Microdrive and $70 for the populated 4mb card, plus shipping to wherever you live. I also have the rest of my Apple IIgs stuff for sale. Piles...
  2. A

FREE C64 set to someone in MN!

Someone in Minnesota want a free C64 with disk drive, software, accessories, a few cartridges, working PSU, and a monitor? I have one to be given free to whoever wants it. I'm in the NE metro area, Columbia Heights to be exact. I will not ship something I'm giving away. If you come to pick it up...
  3. A

C-64 set w/ monitor, HP 64110A in MN FS/FT

I have a few vintage computing items for sale or trade in MN. I am not currently looking at shipping some of them (you'll see why...) but some of them I might be willing to ship. First of all I have a C-64 with tape drive, floppy drive, and a few working PSUs. I have some manuals and software...
  4. A

BBS software for Apple II?

I'm looking at running a BBS on my Apple II for kicks. The only BBS software I'm familiar with is a simple micro-sized BBS I wrote in BASIC for my Tandy 102. Right now I'm looking for some suggestions of software that is fairly simple and easy to use, and which are free. I know, some people...
  5. A

Retrochallenge Winter Warmup 2012 begins Jan 1, 2012

I'm not this year's organizer, but I am participating. From the Retrochallenge website: I'll be playing along this year, hopefully this will be fun and entertaining.
  6. A

Minnesota (Twin Cities?) Retrocomp Get Together?

Hi, I'm a vintage computer buff in the Twin Cities area, and it'd be fun to have a hangout sometime. I still live at home with my parents (I'm only 23, and still hunting for a more permanent job) but they'd likely be OK with having a few people drop by for a day and bringing some random retro...
  7. A

Wanted: Vintage Plotters

I'm looking to get a vintage plotter. I am not particular about what brand they are, so long as they are reasonably functional and not too spendy. If the pens are dried up it doesn't matter to me, I can work around that. I would prefer a flatbed model, especially the models made by Tandy, and if...
  8. A

Portable Dot Matrix Printers?

I'm currently trying to round up a selection of portable dot matrix printers. I have a few old laptops that I'd like to have one or two good portable DMPs for, and haven't been having much luck. I have the one offering Tandy made for use with the Tandy 100 series laptops, but it's a thermal...
  9. A

OSI Challenger with all the trimmings on eBay

A friend of mine has posted an OSI Challenger on eBay: http://cgi.ebay.com/VINTAGE-COMPUTER-OSI-OHIO-SCIENTIFIC-CHALLENGER-65V-16K-/320650677799?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4aa8450e27 Just wanted to give you all a heads up. He says if it doesn't go he *might* be willing to part the lot out...
  10. A

CP/M beginner- where to start?

I have zero experience with CP/M and I'm interested in giving it a whack. I don't have any CP/M hardware around at the moment, and I just want to play with CP/M. Is there a good emulator I should check out, or any particular resources or hardware I should be interested in? I have an Apple IIgs...
  11. A

Commodore 1541 drives (C64) FS

I have a pair of Commodore 1541 drives. These are the older and larger drives and are quite heavy. One is in it's original box with manuals, cables, and styrofoam all intact. The other has no box, but does have a manual and cables as well. Both have been tested to work and will read floppies...
  12. A

FS: 2 ISA sound cards (OPL3 equipped)

I have for sale two ISA sound cards. One is an Aztech Sound Galaxy NX Pro 16, the other is a MediaVision Prosonic Jazz 16. Both are supposed to be Sound Blaster compatible. Unfortunately I don't have drivers for them. Both are in good cosmetic condition and have been stored carefully in ESD bags...
  13. A

Tandy 200 screen- repairable?

I have a Tandy 200 which I got a few years ago, and the screen now has two malfunctioning lines. One goes vertically, one horizontally, but neither goes all the way across the screen, and the vertical one is just very dim while the other doesn't power on at all. Upon examining the internals of...
  14. A

Apple IIgs Wacom tablet?

So, I noticed that Wacom used to make tablets which were ADB standard. Did these just function like mice? Could I use one with the Apple IIgs?
  15. A

Apple IIgs- can you overclock it?

I have a couple of spare IIgs units laying around here, and I just was wondering, is it possible to overclock these things? I understand that some components of the system are very timing sensitive, but say I'm not using floppy drives, only a Compact Flash or perhaps only the RAM disk, would it...
  16. A

FINALLY- Ciderpress working under Wine in Linux

OK, I finally got Ciderpress to work under Wine. It's performing nicely, with no noticeable hiccups. I had to use the freely available Winetricks script to retrieve and install the following things: -mfc42 -vcrun6 After that, it just worked like a charm! The key is to get the correct version...
  17. A

Titan Accelerator IIe- testing?

I have a Titan Accelerator IIe sitting here, but no IIe to test it in. Can I test it in another machine besides a IIe? Is there anyone in the Twin Cities area of MN who has a IIe who would be willing to test it for me? I am desirous to know whether it still works.
  18. A

FS/FT: Titan Accelerator IIe- untested

I have here a Titan Accelerator IIe. I am selling this as untested because I haven't got a IIe to test it in. I am assuming you can't use this card in an Apple IIgs. If you can use it in a IIgs, please let me know and I'll test it right away. I appears to be in good condition cosmetically, and...
  19. A

Buy/Trade: Apple IIgs ram expansion, 4meg or more.

I am looking for an memory expansion for my Apple IIgs, 4 megs or more. Or a board which could be possibly populated up to 4 megs or more. I am willing to negotiate on price, but I'd like to pay around $40 inclusive of shipping, if possible. I have some gear which I'd consider for trade...
  20. A

Game Suggestions?

I am thinking of doing some vintage game reviews, and was wondering if anyone has any suggestions? I have an Apple IIgs, Tandy 102 and 200, NES, Gameboy, and Neo Geo at my disposal for playing, as well as emulation. I'm looking for anything you'd like to see reviewed, whether good or horrible...
Back