• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. K

Another 8032 to fix!

I sold my spare working 8032 at VCF Midwest last week, so I pulled this one out of mothballs (or should I say 'mouse nests') to get it going. Had some chips in the wrong places, but got that sorted, and now I get this screen. Ah, this is obviously bad video RAM, so I replaced the 4 2114 ICs...
  2. K

PET 8032 - No Chirp, No Cursor

Working on a PET 8032. It was a completely black screen until I used the Tynemouth RAM/ROM Replacement board. With the RAM and ROM switched to the test board, I get what looks like a normal boot screen, but without a cursor. I also don't get a chirp. Poking around the CPU, I see that IRQ...
  3. K

Modern Power Supplies for C64 Available!

Hi Everyone! I want to announce the next batch of Nu-Brick 64 power supplies is completed and available. For those who don't know about the Nu-Brick: Specifications: 120v US/Canada Model. 5vdc @ 3A, 9vac @ 1A. Overvoltage and Short-Circuit Protection on 5v Switcher Unit is fully grounded...
  4. K

PET 4016 Repair...Again!

Hello all. I could use some guidance from the PET gurus here. Apparently the PETs don't store well, especially in non-temperature controlled environments! My collection had to be stored in a barn for the last 10 months, and they didn't fare well. My good working 8032 had a mouse nest in it...
  5. K

Noooo....a PET Mouse!

Found a mouse nest in my best 8032 yesterday. I have TWO that are non-working and awaiting repairs. Why did it have to be the GOOD one? I have terrible shame for keeping my precious Commodore collection in a barn for 10 months as it is, and how this happens! So, in my defense...we had half...
  6. K

Brand New Commodore 64 Power Supply- the "Nu-Brick 64"

Introducing Nu-Brick 64! For those familiar with my Re-Brick C64 Power Supplies, these use the same internal design, but with all new parts. They're in a nice little metal case that nearly matches the C64 Breadbin. Of course, they work with 64C as well! I'm not new to this. I've been doing...
  7. K

Commodore 4040 Woes

Tonight I fired up my 4016, which is working today because of help from folks here. I decided I was going to play some old PET games. I currently have ONE disk full of PET games, and it's got stuff on both sides. Or rather HAD stuff on both sides. I completely forgot about an oddity on this...
  8. K

FA: CMD FD-2000 Floppy Drive

I've got an extra FD-2000 disk drive that I've put up for sale on Ebay, for anyone who might be interested. http://www.ebay.com/itm/CMD-Creative-Micro-Designs-FD-2000-Floppy-Drive-for-Commodore-C64-128-/111599421526?
  9. K

FA: The Most Expensive PET Ever?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/161580787985?_trksid=p2060778.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT No this isn't mine, but I thought it was worth a comment. Seems a little steep to me! If they're really worth that much, I've got two for sale! Not that Jim Butterfield ever touched...
  10. K

PET RAM Expansion on Ebay

I've got a PET 8032 64K RAM Upgrade for sale "New in Box" available on Ebay. I'm not going to post the link, because I probably shouldn't be doing that in this forum anyway, but also because posting link seems to cause severe moderated post limbo! :D I bought it a couple years ago planning to...
  11. K

Commodore 128 Motherboard for only $799! Such a deal!

Ok, I couldn't resist posting this. Not only is it New In Box, but it's got the heat sink grease pre-loaded on the chips! But wait...there's more! They purchased it "some 40 years ago from the manufacturer", which amazingly, is 11 years before the Commodore 128 was released! It's like...
  12. K

Six-Year Compute! Magazine Collection

I've got this huge collection of Compute! magazines for auction. These came from the collection of a friend who passed away. They are in good condition. A few issues missing- April 1983, Augusut 1984, and October 1984. If I had unlimited space, I would keep them. As it is, it's been fun...
  13. K

Commodore C64 "Re-Brick" Power Supply

I've been working on this project for over a year, and I thought I'd like to share it. I thought I might sell a few on a limited basis, but mostly I wanted to see if it could be done. This is an original US Commodore 64 power supply, known as the "brick", and reviled by Commodore users the...
  14. K

Why so much Apple? Need a Commodore Fan's PoV

I was just posting over in the podcast section that we really need a Commodore podcast. There's so much cool stuff going on, that I think there would be lots to talk about. But there's really nothing, and even on the multi-platform podcasts, our beloved C= computers rarely get more than a...
  15. K

We need a Commodre Podcast!

I've been listening to lots of good retro-podcasts lately, and I'm amazed that there's not one for Commodore enthusiasts. RCR is good, if you can tolerate Carrington's endless Apple bigotry. Floppy Days is also good, and covers a variety of platforms/topics. ANTIC is the one that annoys me...
  16. K

WTB MOS 8501 Commodore 16 or Plus/4 CPU

I offered to fix a Plus/4 for a friend, and found the CPU is bad. Checked by substituting the CPU from my 16, and it works. Does anyone have a MOS 8501 they would like to sell? Thanks.
  17. K

Recommended floppy for IIe or Platinum

I picked up my first 2 Apple computers last year at VCFMW. I'm just now getting around to playing around with them. I have a IIe and a IIe Platinum, but no disk drives. My question is what disk drive is recommended. Do I go with the original style Disk II or maybe one of the "newer" plastic...
  18. K

Anyone had a non-working Amiga 2000 board?

I just picked up an Amiga 2000 from a guy who was getting rid of his collection. It was in a wet basement and water got into the bottom of the case. The bottom shield is ruined and the ports are all rusty. Oddly enough, the machine boots, but I wouldn't trust it until it's well cleaned up...
  19. K

24MB Amiga 2000?

I haven't owned an Amiga 2000 in years, but I recently acquired two from a guy who was clearing out his collection. I opened up the first one, looking for the dreaded leaking battery, which I found and cleaned up. But the thing that really surprised me was that there's 8MB RAM on the GVP SCSI...
  20. K

Commodore 128 Power Supply Repair

I have a 128 power supply that I've been trying to repair, but it has so far eluded me. The schematic in the SAMS manual does not match this one. The one I have looks more like this one I found on zimmers: The problem is that it has no values, and the board isn't labeled either. All I know...
Back