• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. N

Commodore PET - Multi-EditorROM + 40/80 Column Switcher

Hi All, Question, but first a bit of a backstory. Picked up a Commodore Pet 4032 a few years back that was modded to be an 8032. It had some ram issues and I fixed those, but I left it as an 80 column. Recently I picked up the following board and figured i'd put that in so I'd have both...
  2. N

Apple III Keycaps / Key stems needed

Hi All, I recently traded my spare Apple IIe for an Apple III that's in slightly sad condition. It does seem to work but I do plan on cleaning it up and restoring it. I did notice a couple keycaps are needed and a couple broken keystems. It's possible I could maybe 3d print parts of the...
  3. N

Petsd

I'm trying to build out the PET SD. One thing though, the Attiny chip doesn't appear to have the hex file up on their site that I can find, they only have the compiled files for the Atmega chip. They do have the source for the Attiny chip but I don't really have an easy way to compile that...
  4. N

Osborne Disks

Hi All, Sometime last year, @davejustdave had an Osborne with about 150 Osborne disks that had come from a local store back in the 80s. He gave me the Osborne (since it wasn't the type of equipment he collects) and asked that I image all the disks he also had. I imaged them in IMD since...
  5. N

TRS-80 OS Subdirectories

Been wondering this for a while. Was there ever any TRS-80 OS's that supported subdirectories? Maybe even a hack? Was this just not supported on CP/M at all, or specific to older machines like the TRS-80? Just curious since it sure would be nice if we could do subdirectories on our hard...
  6. N

Commodore 128 - Switchless Jiffydos

Hi All, I recently built up a switchless jiffydos board that I thought I'd put into my C128. For now i'm just doing the C64 side of the 128, though I might make another board up for the 128, not sure. In any case, I can't seem to figure out where to connect the two wires. On a C64 it's the...
  7. N

Cheap C64 PLA replacement

Hi all, Just thought I'd post this for those that might not see it. It's an alternative cheap PLA replacement you can make yourself. I've actually made a few of these myself and they've worked on every C64 I've tried (as well as my C64... if you have a programmer, you can make these super...
  8. N

Trs-io

Just thought i'd start a thread on the TRS-IO for anyone else using/building one, it might be a good place since I noticed the documentation was not quite complete. I got a few of the boards made from pcbway and a friend and I are making a couple for our systems. Just wondering if anyone else...
  9. N

SepTandy

For those that don't really frequent YouTube, a group of Retro You-tubers are making a set of Tandy related videos this month. Here's the channels: AkBKukU: https://www.youtube.com/user/AkBKukU Adrian Black: https://www.youtube.com/user/craig1black DaveJustDave: DaveJustDave...
  10. N

Real Life Jobs

Not an introduction, but thought it would be interesting to just have a thread where people say what they do in their real life and this seemed like the best place for that kind of thread. I assume most of us are either retired or in IT of some type, but just curious what folks do around here...
  11. N

Amstrad PCW 8256

Hi All, I was given an Amstrad PCW 8256 the other day as not working, so I finally took a quick look at it yesterday. When it turns on, the disk drive spins and the light comes on, then the screen comes on and is completely green. I don't have any disks but I'm curious if this is normal...
  12. N

3D Printing for Vintage Computers

So, I was inspired by the TM100 thread about a 3D printed part for keeping our old Tandon drives functioning and thought it would be a great thread for folks in the Vintage/Retro community who also have/use 3D Printers as part of their 'arsenal' to discuss the topic and specifically what kinds...
  13. N

Mac 512k single horizontal line - not usual problem

Hi All, a long time back I posted that I had a mac 512k with a single dot, everyone was very helpful in identifying the burnt connector and i ordered a new one and replaced.. Shortly thereafter (worked for about 20 mins or so), I ended up with a long horizontal line.. researching the issue, i...
  14. N

Mac 512K - Single Dot Display

Hi All, So a while back I was given a non-working Mac 512k that had a sticker on it that said 'Bad CRT' (the person who had it also got it that way with other equipment and wasn't interested in doing anything with it). Plugging it in gives a single dot in the display, but it does make other...
  15. N

Southern California Retro Computer Enthusiasts

Hi All, Since there wasn't much (if anything) in the way of local communities for Retro Computer Enthusiasts in the Los Angeles / Southern California area, I've created a group on the meetup site to gauge interest. Still in the process of setting it up but would like to get some input and see...
  16. N

Kaypro 2/84 Troubleshooting

Hi All, Last weekend I was given a Kaypro 2/84 that didn't work, since the previous owner (also a retro collector) didn't want to mess with troubleshooting or the space it took. Got it home, cleaned it up and started troubleshooting. There were a few physical issues like a broken keyboard...
  17. N

Microsoft Lan Manager Client

So, I'm trying to get my IBM PS/1 running on Dos 6.22 to connect to my NAS (samba) via mapping since it stores all my retro software/etc that will never fit locally. I've done all the appropriate smb.conf settings (lanman auth/ntlmv2/etc) on the NAS but still have had no luck with the mapping...
  18. N

IBM PS/1 Disk Drive Detection

Hi All, Wasn't sure exactly which PC forum this goes in, since it's an IBM PS/1, but it's also a 386/20. In any case, the issue i'm having is that I've pulled out the 1.2MB drive and swapped it for a 360k drive (Amstrad 40046) since I plan to use this system for (among other things) IMD to...
  19. N

Apple II Plus - Card Questions

Hi All, I just picked up an Apple II Plus which was in pretty dirty shape in a 'barn' (ironically) for about $40 for this, drive and a selectype printer. I got it all cleaned up, and it seems to basically be working (still some issues with the disk drive that i'm working on). My only...
  20. N

Customs Declaration

So I've been working on getting my childhood Atari ST working again and I ordered a chip for it... This was the customs Declaration, I was a bit offended... Hahaha..
Back